My Saint Augustine trip is coming closer and closer, and I’m so excited to spend my spring break lounging on the beach and forgetting about all the responsibilities from my real life for a few days. Being the obsessive over-planner that I am, I already have the contents of my beach bag mapped out, and today I’m going to share those with y’all!
- The Beach Bag
- This is an essential because it carries all your other items! I went with a canvas bag in off-white and black to keep it neutral. It zips up on top to keep sand from getting absolutely everywhere, and is big enough to store bigger things like a towel and speakers.
- I love sunglasses (always have) so naturally, I’m bringing a few pairs on this trip. A new pair of shades I ordered recently is this minimalist black and gold pair. I can’t wait to break them out on Sunday!
- Beach Hat
- I’ve never been much of a sunhat person, but when I saw this cute one in the Target dollar section, I couldn’t pass it up! They had a few assorted phrases, but since I love a good pun, I went with “beach please.” 😉
- Keeping with the sun-protection theme, one super important item in my bag is sunscreen with some serious SPF. I already get SPF through my morning moisturizer and primer, but when I’m going to be spending hours out by the ocean, I make sure I pack some sunscreen SPF 50+.
- The sand can get sort of spicy, so I always make sure to bring a pair of cute flip-flops with me, even if I end up walking home barefoot in the end. My favorite pair are these lemon ones from Kate Spade.
- Beach Read
- The glare from the sun makes it hard for me to be on my phone, so I opt for a beach read instead. One of the books I’m bringing is called The Champagne Diet- look for a book review on it soon!
I’m so excited for my trip, I can’t believe it’s only 5 days away! The weather is gloomy today but writing this post put me in a much sunnier mood.